Becoming a PADI Staff Instructor is the first step to furthering your education within the PADI System of training and at the instructor training level. PADI Staff instructor candidates develop their personal skills and knowledge of the PADI Standards and Teaching Techniques.
You’ll be taking the mentor role to a whole new level and you will be part in changing someone’s life forever!
Who can take the PADI Staff Instructor Course:
To qualify for the PADI IDC Staff Instructor course you will need to :
- Be certified as a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT)
- Agree to conduct all levels of diver training consistent with the standards and philosophy outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual and PADI Course Director Manual
- Be at least 18 years old
What you will learn:
The first few days of the PADI Instructor Development Course, PADI Staff Instructor Candidates are evaluated on skill circuit demonstrations, and confined water presentations. Assessments of knowledge on topics for Dive theory including Physics, Physiology, Dive Skills and the Environment, Decompression Theory, Equipment along with the PADI Standards exams will be conducted prior to learning how to evaluate Instructor candidates. Each candidate will develop IDC Mentor skills whilst auditing a complete PADI Instrucor Development Program rather than being a student.
What you can teach on completion:
On completion of the PADI Staff Instructor Course you will be able to conduct the following:
- Teach PADI Assistant Instructor Courses
- Assist PADI Course Directors in conducting the PADI Instructor Development Course
- Assist PADI Course Directors in conducting Instructor –level continuing education
IDC Confined Water Evaluation Slate: 1,300 Thai Baht
IDC Open water Evaluation Slate: 1,300 Thai Baht
IDC Staff Instructor Course Director Manual: 8000 Thai Baht
IDC Staff Instructor Application Fee to PADI in Australian Dollars: $169.00