If you are looking for a job that will take you all around the world above and under water then look no further and become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. Whether you want to work on a tropical island, a liveaboard or anywhere there is water, the possibilities are endless.
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is a 14 day program that enables Divemasters and leaders from other training organizations to achieve their dream of teaching scuba diving using the PADI system.
We run one program per month.
Who can take the PADI Instructor Development Course
During the Instructor Development Course you will use the latest teaching techniques, the complete system of PADI support materials, and will be continuously assessed on your teaching and presentation skills.
To qualify for the Instructor Development Course, you'll need to:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or leadership level with another recreational diver training organization.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
- Be a certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Have completed and logged at least 100 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation.
- Have completed a course in CPR and First Aid in the last 24 months.
About the PADI Instructor Development Course
Our team of Course Directors and Master Instructors is committed to your success at the Instructor Examination (IE). They also want to make sure that you are comfortable with teaching afterwards. The Instructor program at Ban’s Diving exceeds the minimum required by PADI in terms of time and number of presentations you will prepare.
The program is taught in a dedicated classroom, the confined water sessions are held in one of our three large swimming pools and the open water sessions on one of our three dive boats. Our facilities will enable you to study and prepare in a relaxed and chilled atmosphere.
What’s included in the PADI Instructor Development Course
Our IDC schedule is as follows.
- Theory and skills review: 2 days
- Assistant Instructor (AI): 4 days
- Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI): 4 days
- FR Instructor: 1 day
- Mock IE: 2 days
2 days off are planned during the IDC:
- One between AI and OWSI.
- One before the Instructor Examination which is run on Koh Tao by PADI Asia Pacific once a month.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE BAN'S INSTRUCTOR KOH TAO GUIDE 2017 (PDF)
The Instructor Development Course also includes:
- Free lunch every day
- All equipment rental
- Pass guaranteed
- Oxygen Provider Instructor
- IDC T-shirt
Book your Instructor Development Course now and benefit from 6 weeks preparation (skill circuits, theory lectures, assisting PADI diving courses) and unlimited diving before your course!!!